- Sole Practitioner, 00/00/1989
As a newspaper carrier for The Indianapolis Star for several routes during high school, I began my passion for business. Subsequently, I attended Indiana University for my undergraduate degree and DePaul University for my law degree.
During law school I clerked for the Illinois Attorney General, Trade Regulation Division, and later for the United States Small Business Administration. I graduated from DePaul University Law School in 1984.
Upon graduation I help found Indiana’s first and only franchise consulting service in Indianapolis, Indiana. Over the years I have helped develop over 25 franchise programs. In 1994 I opened my own law firm.
With an interest in international affairs, I served as an Intelligence Officer (Reserve) with the United States Navy from 1983 to 2008. After 9/11 I served on active duty as Deputy Chief for Intelligence, United States Navy, Far East in Tokyo, Japan.
With franchise clients expanding internationally and foreign clients seeking business opportunities in the United States, I increasingly became involved in immigration issues. In 2000 I joined the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Areas Of Practice
- Immigration, Family
- Immigration, Business
- Illinois, 1984
- Indiana, 1989
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1984
- De Paul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1984
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1980
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member, 2000 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Illinois Attorney General, Trade Regulation Division, Law Clerk
- United States Small Business Association, Intern Attorney
- VIS Franchise Consultants, General Counsel
- United States Navy, Intelligence Officer (Reserve), 1983 to 2008